The NBA off-season is here.
You might miss watching your favorite stars sprinting and scoring in the courts. We bring you the latest dough from 2018-19 and the upcoming 2019-20 season.
- According to the NBA offseason 2019 dates, the agency kick starts Monday, June 30 at 6 p.m. ET. Free Agents would be up for deliberation with teams on a potential contract. However, no NBA trades will take place until noon July 6.
- Top 5 teams who are predicted to be the most active during free agency are led by the New York Knicks, closely followed by the Brooklyn Nets, Sacramento Kings, Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Clippers.
- The Los Angeles Lakers have been lucky to have NBA star LeBron James and are also set to acquire Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans. Strategizing to have the best in their pockets with eyes on the championship is how the Lakers hope to storm ahead for the 17th championship
- Stephen Curry, who tops the list of the NBA’s highest-paid players, is set to continue his long-term association with the Golden State Warriors and aims for a 2019-2020 championship win. It could be bad news for Durant’s fans as he might be skipping the upcoming season due to an Achilles injury.
- June was made exciting by the NBA playoffs, which concluded with the Toronto Raptors taking the lead with a 4-2 (116-110 in the 6th game) win against the defending champions Golden State Warriors. The Raptors became the first team to get Canada their first major NBA title in 26 years. This is also the first time a non-US team has won the NBA championships. After a thrilling performance by Kawhi Leonard, he was named the Most Valuable Player for the final game.
- According to the 2018-2019 NBA standings, the Milwaukee Bucks and State Warriors are on top with 60 and 57 matches won in the Eastern and Western Conferences respectively. The Bucks, under the coaching of Mike Budenholzer and his team, have paved their way brilliantly in the previous season. State Warriors, under Steve Kerr, stood undefeated but were hit hard by the first-timer Raptors in the June playoffs.
- The NBA Awards 2019 were announced Monday at a ceremony in Los Angeles. 24-year-old Giannis Antetokounmpo became the second Milwaukee Bucks player to win the Most Valuable Player award. Dallas Mavericks’ Luka Doncic awarded Rookie of the Year award.
- With the regular season of the NBA 2019-20 set to begin in October this year and the exact schedule to be released in late summer, keep yourself abreast about what’s exciting this off-season.