Sports Nutrition for Triathletes
Do you feel your weight could potentially be holding you back? Weight and dieting – it is no shock that most of people get into triathlon because they want to look and feel leaner. However, it is paramount that your nutrition is right, not just when you are racing, but also when you are training.
In the novice program, we want to make it simple and easy for you so here are ten guidelines to follow for pre-triathlon as well as for professional triathlon aspirants.
Nutrition Steps 1-10
- Eat five meals a day: these consist of – breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, evening meal
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day
- Reduce sugary foods
- Cut out refined sugar altogether
- Limit your overall carbohydrate intake
- Up your protein intake
- Increase fiber content
- Weigh yourself regularly
- Gradually reduce the overall volume of calories by reducing portion size by 10%
- Be consistent