Lose weight, eat well, and feel great with this easy weight-loss meal plan. This simple 1,200-calorie meal plan is specially tailored to help feel energized and satisfied while cutting calories, so one can lose a healthy 1 to 2 pounds per week. Each day of this 7-day plan features high protein, high fiber foods (a combination that research shows can help with weight loss by keeping you feeling fuller for longer) and strategically balances calories throughout the day so you won’t feel starved. The calorie totals are listed next to each meal, so one can easily swap things in and out as one sees fit. Couple this healthy meal plan with daily exercise and stay on track to lose weight.
How to Meal Prep Week of Meals:
1. Make the Ravioli & Vegetable Soup ahead of time to have for lunch on Days 1 & 2.
2. Mix up the Carrot-Ginger Vinaigrette and the Avocado-Yogurt Dip.
3. Bake the Maple-Nut Granola or opt for healthy store-bought granola to save time. Look for a granola that has around 130 calories or less and less than 6 grams of sugar per 1/4 cup.
4. Hard boil 2 eggs for Days 4 & 5.
5. Make a batch of Easy Brown Rice to use on Days 1, 2 & 5.
Breakfast (271 calories)
• 1 serving Avocado-Egg Toast
Morning Snack (61 calories)
• 1/3 cup blueberries
• 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
Lunch (341 calories)
• 2 cups Ravioli & Vegetable Soup
• 1 Tomato-Cheddar Cheese Toast
Afternoon Snack (93 calories)
• 3 Tbsp. hummus
• 1 cup sliced cucumber
Dinner (437 calories)
• 1 serving of Smoky Maple-Mustard Salmon
• 1/2 cup Easy Brown Rice
• 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
• 1 cup green beans
• 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper, divided between the brown rice and green beans
• 2 tsp. olive oil, divided between the brown rice and green beans
Toss green beans in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast alongside the salmon. Mix the remaining oil in with the rice, season with salt and pepper, and top with chopped walnuts for an easy brown rice “pilaf”.
Daily Totals: 1,197 calories, 65 g protein, 115 g carbohydrates, 23 g fiber, 54 g fat, 1,772 mg sodium.